The SWW Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers Conference
Saturday ♦ June 9, 2018 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, NM
There are two tracks of presentations: Sci-Fi/Fantasy and the Business of Writing. The conference begins with an opportunity for all attendees to attend a debate highlighting the pros and cons of traditional publishing versus self publishing.
The directors of three publishing companies will give their views of why traditional publishing is the best route for authors while two self-published authors and the vice-president of an Indie publishing house offer opinions to the contrary! Click here for information on the debate.
Following the debate there will be a mandatory Pitch Session overview for anyone wanting to pitch a book idea to a publisher. For information on the Pitch Sessions click here.
Click on the links below and check out our amazing speakers!
- Creating Fantasy Races Indigenous to Unique Settings
- How to Create Your Book from a Role Playing Game
- Writing Science Fiction Fast Enough to Stay Ahead of Reality
- How My SF Book has Turned into a Movie!
- Copyrights & Contracts for Writers
- Marketing Strategies
- Selling Short Stories to Magazines and Anthologies
- Aesthetics of an Attractive Book Cover
- Steps to Self Publishing