Writing IS a Business
Our 2020 conference, scheduled for September 26, has been tentatively rescheduled for September 25, 2021. We expect the agenda to stay the same and hope our originally scheduled speakers will join us in 2021. However, details may change, including conference location and registration costs. Stay tuned for updates as they become available.
Saturday, September 25
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Do you consider your writing to be a hobby or a business? There is a big difference between the two as far as the IRS is concerned. Join SWW on September 25, 2021 for an all-day conference to learn the ins and outs of treating your writing as a business.
The conference will be held at the same location as our regular monthly meetings. Go to our Meeting Location page for directions.
Albuquerque Center for Spiritual Living (ACSL), Labyrinth Room
2801 Louisiana NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
- Tax Questions: Answered by N.M. Taxation and Revenue (Dorian Johnson, Audit Bureau Chief)
- Intellectual Properties and Tax Laws & Copyright (Gina Constant, Attorney)
- Keeping Track of Your Business Expenses—A Hands-on Approach (Gail Rubin, Cornelia Gamlem, Kirt Hickman)
- Will and Estate Planning (Jim Plitz, Attorney)
- Business Planning (Alexis Hassley, Owner of ABQ Rage Room)
- Planning a Home Office (Rob Spiegel, Consultant)
- Working With Accountants (Brian Reinhardt, Accountant)
Early Bird: Opens June 1
$99 SWW Members/$104 Osher/$109 Non-members
September 1–25: $119 SWW Members/$124 Osher/$129 Non-members
September 23: Last day for online registration
Register at the door: $139
Cost includes light breakfast, box lunch, beverages, and snacks.
Four Ways to Register
♦ Online: use the registration form. (Our payment portal utilizes PayPal, but you’ll be given an option to pay by credit card without signing into PayPal.)
♦ By phone: call the SWW office at 505-830-6034.
♦ By mail: print and fill out the registration form.
♦ At a regular SWW meeting, once we meet again in person.
For a pdf of the conference flyer, click here.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SWW office at 505-830-6034.