Welcome to the Public Page
of the SouthWest Writers (SWW) Critique Group (CG) Guidance Program (Program)
The Public Page is offered to any writer interested in a critique group. A team (Team) of members with considerable writing and CG experience manages the SWW Program. The SWW CG Program Coordinator is Robert Speake (email@example.com).
Highlights of the Program
- All SWW members are eligible to participate
- All CGs are independent of SWW
- They must have at least one SWW member in them
- They may have non-SWW members as well
- CGs are responsible for vetting potential CG members referred to them
- Guidance offered to CGs by SWW is only as requested & only suggested
- CGs operate under their own rules, protocols, & procedures
- Guidance to CGs may include documents or coaching
- Documents are “how-to” start & operate a CG & critique writings
- Coaching is available for CG organizers as requested
- Coaching is also available for CG members (including virtually attending meetings)
- The Program supports all types and genres of writing
- The Team will host periodic Zoom meetings with all open existing CG SWW contacts & new CG organizers
You may download the PDF entitled Critique Group Considerations to help you decide if a CG is for you.
- If interested in joining the SWW CG program, join SWW by clicking on the website Membership tab.
- Once you’re an SWW member, request a password by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and log in on this page. You’ll then have access to all Members Only resources, including the Members Page: Critique Groups.
- Email SWW CG Coordinator Robert Speake for more information at email@example.com.