August 2022SouthWest Sage, the monthly newsletter of SouthWest Writers, is published to encourage writers of all genres and experience to learn more about the craft and business of writing. Featuring upcoming SWW programs, events, workshops, and contests, the Sage includes opportunities for writers and articles that range from finding an agent to print-on-demand, fashioning poetry to creating websites and blogs—all liberally spiced with tips and techniques. The Sage is posted online prior to the end of each month.
If you would like to receive a link to the e-Sage when it is posted, click here to add your name and email address to the list.
- Scroll down for links to the last 12 months of the newsletter.
- SWW Members have full access to the Newsletter Archives of issues published from 2004 to 2021.
Pages 4&5 SAGE Writing Challenge
- Petrichor, by Rose Marie Kern
- Monsoon Medley, by Sam Moorman
- The Tourists, by Cornelia Gamlem
- Curiosity, by Larry Kilham
6 The Writing Life: ELVIS, by Sherri L. Burr
9 Winning! SouthWest writers share their writing successes. Working With a Traditional Publisher – The Publishing Process, by Cornelia Gamlem
9 The Business of Writing: Taxes and Royalties
by Rose Marie Kern
Public Access to past issues of the SouthWest Sage