- A Finalist in the 2014 New Mexico-Arizona Book Awards, The Storyteller’s Anthology makes a great gift. Check out the reviews on Amazon.
- 46 SWW members in 7 categories were chosen out of hundreds of submissions.
- Find the eBook at Amazon and the paperback at Bookworks, or pick up a copy at one of our monthly meetings.
- Please consider leaving a comment in the Review areas on Amazon, Goodreads, etc.
- Remember that all proceeds go to support SouthWest Writers, a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization.
- To see the contents, click here.
ARTS TALK Television Interview
On March 31, 2014, Sherri Burr interviewed Peggy Herrington and Jonathan Miller for her ARTS TALK television show. Watch as Jonathan and Peggy discuss the inspiration and motivation behind The Storyteller’s Anthology.
Click to view:
History of the Anthology
In 2013, the SWW office on Morris experienced a flood of antediluvian proportions causing a move to new quarters. SWW’s expenses from the flood and the resulting move caused an operating cash shortfall.
In an effort to provide relief, a committee defined the parameters of an anthology of writings and images by SWW members to be available as a family-friendly electronic and printed tome.
Our goal was to make both the printed book and eBook available before the 2013 winter holidays. All funds raised by this project, including royalties, go directly to SWW.
All SWW members were invited to submit up to 4,000 words on any family-friendly topic – fiction or nonfiction, previously published or not – for possible publication in this anthology. Submissions in electronic format (Word .doc or text) were accepted until Midnight Mountain Time, August 15, 2013. We also asked for art and photographs in color or black-and-white.
The anthology committee evaluated all entries. Copyediting (e.g. correcting grammar and spelling) was provided at no charge, while submissions requiring more extensive editing were charged a fee of $25.00. All funds, even for editing, went directly to SWW.
When SWW members submitted to this anthology, they only gave permission to print that work. All submissions still belong to the members, copyright and all. SWW will be rewarded with the proceeds of the eBook and print versions to help cover the cash shortfall from the flood.