Final Amount Raised $3,870
plus Evelyn Neil’s Challenge Amount $3,000
Total income from Rainbow Challenge $6,870 !!!
Thank You to These
◊ Rainbow Challenge Donors ◊
- Joseph Badal Robin Perini Charles Powell
- E. Joe Brown Kathy Kitts Roger Floyd Mike Hays
- Ruth Heidi Marshall Edwin Light Cornelia Gamlen
- Lynne Sebastian Jacqueline Murray Loring Leonie Rosenstiel
- Kathy Wagoner Sandi Hoover William Fisher
- Elaine Montague Michelle Auron Mary Therese Ellingswood
- Dan Wetmore Joseph Newcomer Kat Richter-Sand Ted Karpf
- Janise Baldo Alan E. Diehl Joe Cappello
- Cathy Wright Victoria Murata Ed Lehner Randall Burkhart
- Kathy Schuit Arlene Schulze Sherri Burr Patricia Gable
- Matt Padberg Steve Novaria Su-Ellen Lierz Maralie Waterman
- Laura Lynch Julie Brozek Dale Garrett Elizabeth Mirra
- Brenda Cole John Hoover Trish Cahill Dollie Williams
- Lynne Sturtevant Lynn Doxon Rose Marie Kern Deborah White
- R Marshall Cathy Wright Patricia Walkow
Below are comments from Rainbow Donors:
Kathy Kitts: I have loved this organization since my first meeting over a decade ago. With all the connections I have made, and the things I have learned from the teachers and speakers, I am back out of retirement, teaching creative writing myself, and pursuing an MFA. In addition, I have over two dozen short stories published. None of this would have happened if it hadn’t been for SWW.
Lynne Sebastian: Writing is, by its very nature, a solitary and often difficult pursuit. And without the input, encouragement, honest critique, nagging, cheerleading, and commiseration of one’s fellow writers, it is can be even more difficult. Southwest Writers provides a community of practice and a source of support, instruction, and inspiration for all of us. Let’s get together and repay that support! (And also make sure Evelyn has to cough up the full amount 😊)
Cornelia Gamlem: When I attended my first SouthWest Writers meeting, I was impressed by the energy in the room. As I learned more about the organization, I was delighted to have found a vibrant and welcoming writing community with excellent educational programs. The members offer so much encouragement to their fellow writers.
Rose Marie Kern: SouthWest Writers inspired me to integrate the skills and knowledge I’d acquired with creativity stimulated by their educational programs, resulting in numerous published stories, articles, and books. The people I meet here continually encourage me to expand my vision.