Hurry! Deadline is May 15th.
The SouthWest Writers 2020 Annual Writing Contest—SEEING the WORLD in 20/20—encourages first-time writers as well as seasoned professionals. You do not have to be a member of SouthWest Writers to enter.
First-, second-, and third-place winners will be awarded in twenty-two categories (eleven categories for both prose and poetry).
Deadline: Midnight May 15, 2020 (Mountain Time).
Entry fees: $10 for each entry.
Submission: Online only.
Prizes: First place, $50. Second place, $25. First through third places also receive medals. Top three winners in each category have the option to be published in the next SWW Winners Anthology.
- Each entry must be an original work, in English, not published electronically or in print anywhere, or submitted previously to an SWW writing contest.
- No limit on number of entries per person. The same piece can be entered in more than one category but will cost $10 for each entry/category.
- All entries must be submitted electronically via the SWW website. NO mailed entries accepted.
- Entries must be submitted in Times New Roman, 12 pt with double spacing. Acceptable files: .doc, .docx, or .pdf.
- Author’s name cannot appear on the submission.
- Prose: Limited to 3,500 words, including the title.
- Poetry: Limited to 250 lines, including the title.
Go to the SouthWest Writers contest page for more details and to enter the contest. Good luck!